Students need to keep in mind that permission to drive to school and park on campus in designated parking areas is not a right: it is a privilege. Only juniors and seniors are eligible to purchase a parking permit prior to the start of school, sophomores may purchase a parking permit after the school year begins.
Permit Information and Regulations:
- The cost of a Parking permit for the 2018-19 school year is $120.The cost will be prorated at the end of each quarter.
- Early graduates will pay the full price of a permit, and receive a partial refund upon receipt of the permit.
- Permits must be hung from the rearview mirror.
- Replacement permits may be purchased in the Attendance Office for $50.
- All vehicles must have a valid permit properly displayed at all times. Failure to display the proper permit will result in a ticket and/or the vehicle towed.
- If for some reason it is necessary to drive a vehicle other than the vehicle that is registered, simply transfer the hang tag to the other vehicle. If you cannot transfer your tag, stop at the attendance office & sign that vehicle in for the day. If there are any questions or concerns, please see the Attendance Office.
Students who have purchased a parking permit must adhere to the following rules:
- The speed limit on school grounds or in school designated parking areas is 15 mph. No careless, reckless, or hazardous driving will be tolerated. Proper parking is required.
- Students may park in any space marked with white lines. Students are prohibited from parking in the following areas: staff spots, visitor spots, reserved spots, spots marked with yellow lines, the Salem Lutheran Church parking lot, areas that are not designated as parking spaces.
- Students are not to sit in a car during the school day or during any school activity. Students are to leave their cars immediately after parking in the student lot or a school-designated area and enter the building.
- Once school buses have started to move, no cars are allowed to cut in between buses and/or pass buses on the high school grounds.
- Students are not to enter the buses-only circle at any time.
- Students are to keep their vehicles locked at all times. The school is not responsible for lost, stolen, and/or damaged property.
- By entering or parking on school property or designated school parking areas, the person driving any vehicle is deemed to consent to complete search of the vehicle and its content by school officials or police.
Vehicles in noncompliance with registration/parking policies may result in loss of current or future parking privileges and may be towed at the owner’s expense.