Summer School Offerings
Driver Education will meet May 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, June 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 from 3:00 - 5:00 PM and June 8, 9 , 10, 11, 14, 15 from 1:30 -5:30 PM.
Public Speaking and Communication, Government, Consumer Economics, and Physical Education will meet 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Monday through Thursday from June 8 - 24, 2021.
Dual Credit College Speech will complete asynchronous work the week of June 1 and meet in person from 8:00 - 11:30 AM Monday through Thursday the weeks of June 7, 14, and 21.
Our Credit Recovery program will offer a morning (8:00 AM - noon) and afternoon (1:00 - 5:00 PM) sessions Monday through Thursday from June 8 - 24, 2021.
Consumer Economics is designed to help the student understand the economic system of our nation and how it compares to those of other nations.
Credit recovery allows students to make up a course they previously did not successfully complete. Courses are completed online through our partnership with APEX Learning except for Physical Education.
Driver Education is taken during a student’s sophomore year. It is offered each quarter with enrollment depending on the student’s date of birth.
An introduction to the fundamentals of oral communication and the roles of speech, speaker and listener in the broad concept of communication. This course emphasizes the composition and presentation of various oral messages.
The Physical Education Program is offered on a coeducational basis. This program offers an extensive program of activities for students so individual needs and interests are met.
The purpose of this course is to help students improve their public speaking abilities. Throughout the course, students will practice and develop various academic and real-world presentations while using technology to support these presentations.
- Students in SHS Summer School are expected to follow all rules and regulations set forth in the Sycamore High School Parent-Student Handbook.
- Student attendance is required.
- Students must arrive at summer classes on time.
- Two tardies will be equivalent to one absence.
- Students will be allowed ONLY one absence for any reason.
- Students who accumulate two or more absences for any reason will be dropped from the summer program, forfeiting credit for the course.
- Registration fees for summer school are non-refundable if a student has to be removed.
- Driver Education - $250.00
- All other courses - $200.00
Once registered, please visit the District's WebStore to make payment. Fees will display under "Optional Fees", under the student fees menu.
Registration can be completed via the online registration form and must be completed no later than Saturday, May 1, 2021.