If you sign up for a dual credit class for next year (2020-2021), you must complete all of the following steps to be enrolled in your class. See your Counselor if you have questions.
1. Apply to Kishwaukee College
- Visit www.kish.edu (click the “apply” button at the top)
- This must be completed before you can take the Accuplacer placement test or register.
- Complete this form in the counseling office or online at home.
2. Determine Placement
Placement may be determined by ACT or SAT scores, cumulative high school G.P.A., and/or taking the ACCUPLACER placement test. Check with your high school counselor
|Course Number||Course Name||ACT Minimum Score||SAT Minimum Score||Cumulative H.S. G.P.A. (after 5 semesters)||ACCUPLACER Placement Score|
|BIO 103||General Biology||(ACT English 19 or ACT Composite 19) and ACT Math 22||SAT Reading & Writing 480 and Math 530||3.5 (waives out of ENG pre-req only)||WritePlacer 5-8 and QAS 245-300|
|ENG 103||Composition I||ACT English 19 or ACT Composite 19||SAT Reading & Writing 480||3.5||WritePlacer 5-8|
|MAT 150||College Algebra||ACT Math 22||SAT Math 530||N/A||QAS 270-300 or AAF 230-300|
|MAT 155||Trigonometry||N/A||N/A||N/A||AAF 267-300|
|PSY102||Into to Psych||
Minimum competency in Math or English (as listed above).
Need PSY 102 as pre-requisite
|HIS 220||US History||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
* Minimum competency in Math or English (as listed above).
** Nees PSY 102 as pre-requisite
3. Complete placement test, if needed, by April 6, 2020.
- Take the bus to Kishwaukee College on March. You must sign up for this in the School Counseling Department by March 9th to secure a spot OR
- Schedule the Accuplacer test on your own: You can contact the Kishwaukee College Enrollment Services at (815) 825-9514 to schedule a placement test appointment on the Kishwaukee College campus. Appointments are available Mondays – Thursdays at 9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m.
- A photo ID is required for testing.
- All testing must be completed by April 6, 2020, to qualify for a Dual Credit class at SHS.
- You may bring a pencil and a calculator to the test. Most calculators are allowed. Here is a link to tips for preparing for the Accuplacer test and other testing information visit www.kish.edu/placement
4. Complete registration form and return by April 15, 2020.
Registration forms are available in the Counseling Office. Students will NOT be registered for the dual credit course(s) if placement requirements are not met. Schedules for the high school course will be changed to non-dual credit classes. Students may use one registration form for all dual credit classes.
5. Pay for your course(s).
You will attach a tuition check to your Registration/Permission – please make check payable to Kishwaukee College. Cost: $50/class each semester. Note that Biology is $100 as it is a class + lab).