Standardized Assessments are used to evaluate students and schools, to help improve teaching and learning, and to generate important data from which policy decisions can be made. However, they are only one of the tools needed to measure student progress.
For Sycamore Community School District 427, standardized assessments fall into two major categories: State Assessment and Local Assessments. Even though local assessments may be used to measure student growth against their peers, many are also nationally normed and can provide a broader comparison. Please see the District’s Learning and Teaching Page for more detailed information about each assessment.
|Grade Level||Fall Benchmark||Winter Benchmark||Spring Benchmark|
|9th Grade||ACCESS *|
|10th Grade||ACCESS *|
Illinois Science Assessment
|11th Grade||ACCESS *|
|12th Grade||ACCESS *|
* ELL Students Only
⌃ Select Special Education Students Only
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 – Tuesday, February 29, 2019
Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM)(IAA)
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 – Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- January 2019 – April 2019
Illinois Science Assessment (ISA)
- The state’s testing window opens Friday, March 1, 2019 and closes on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
- Initial Test Date – Tuesday, April 9, 2019
- Accommodated Test Window – Wednesday, April 10, 2019 – Tuesday, April 23, 2019
- Makeup Test Date – Tuesday, April 23, 2019