Step 1 – Complete an online Kishwaukee College Student Information (Application)
- Form can be found here.
- This must be completed before you can take the COMPASS placement test
- You can complete this form in the counseling office or online at home.
Step 2 – Prepare for the COMPASS Placement Test
- Students must take the Reading and Writing COMPASS tests for Dual Credit English. Students must take the Math COMPASS test for Dual Credit Algebra and Trigonometry. Students signing up for Dual Credit Biology must take the Reading, Writing, and Math tests. Dual Credit Government does not require any placement testing.
- If you have an ACT score of 23+ in English and/or 25+ in math, you can give proof of these scores to exempt you from COMPASS testing for each subject area.
- Tips for preparing for the COMPASS test and other testing information.
Step 3 – Take the COMPASS placement test at Kishwaukee College
- Schedule the COMPASS test on your own: You can contact the Kishwaukee College Counseling Department at (815) 825-2086 Ext. 5070 to schedule a placement test appointment on the Kishwaukee College campus. Appointments are available Mondays – Thursdays at 9:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. & 4:00p.m.
- All testing must be completed by April 4th, 2016.
- A photo ID is required for testing.
- You may bring a pencil and calculator to the test. Most calculators are allowed. A list of prohibited calculators is available here.
Step 4 – Once you have your qualifying COMPASS score(s), complete a registration form for Dual Credit Class in the Counseling Office.
- Students who do not complete the required Compass test(s) or do not meet minimum required scores will NOT be registered for the dual credit course(s). Schedules for the high school course will be changed to non-dual credit classes.
- Students may list all dual credit classes being registered on one form
Step 5 – Pay for your course(s)
- Tuition for dual credit courses is half the price of regular Kishwaukee College credit.
- Tuition bills will be mailed to your home.
- Payment is due to Kishwaukee College by their payment date to keep your spot in the class