Thursday, May. 3rd 2018
- It’s that time of year again! The Chita Girls are putting on their second annual Bike to School Event! Grab your bike and meet us at the club house parking lot in Sycamore Park on May 4 at 7:30 AM. Prizes and raffles included! See Ms. Tranchita with questions.
- Want to earn some big bucks? Entering the Ovitz Speech Contest could help you do just that! Simply deliver a prepared speech on a topic of your choice, or participate in the extemporaneous speech on current events. The contest will take place Thursday, May 10 immediately after school in room T163. You must contact Mr. Eggleson by 3:30pm on May 4 in room T163 in order to sign up for either contest. For the prepared speech, you must also submit 3 copies of your speech by 3:30 PM on May 4.
- There will be a meeting of the Sci-Fi Club on Friday, May 4 from 4-9 PM in the library. See Mr. Iandola or Mr. D’Addario with questions.
- Senior Graduation Speech Interviews will be Tuesday, May 8. If you are interested in writing and delivering the senior speech at graduation, please see Mrs. Helton by Friday, May 4 to sign up!
- This Sunday, May 6 from 8-10 AM, is the SHS Drama Club Flapjack Fundraiser at Applebee’s. For $8.00 you will have your breakfast (refills on everything) of pancakes, bacon, OJ & coffee served to you by princesses & princes. There will also be face-painting. Please attend and help the Drama Club defray the costs (tickets & transportation) for their field trip to see “Oklahoma” at the Lincolnshire Theatre.
- Graduating Seniors who attended North School Elementary need to RSVP for the luncheon on May 11. You will be required to ride the provided bus to the luncheon.
- Juniors & Seniors! Check the list posted outside the main office. If you see your ID#, you have a fine. All fines must be paid in order to purchase Prom Tickets. See Mrs. Wolf with questions.
- Prom Tickets are on sale during lunches. The cost is $125 per couple. Out of Town Guest Forms must be completed & returned to athletic office BEFORE tickets can be purchased. All fines & detentions must be cleared before purchasing tickets. A list is posted on the main office window or you can check in the athletic office. Check your school email for your Invitation and photo submissions and Post Prom info.
- GSA Term of the Week: LGBT (LGBTQ) – An umbrella term referring to people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender. Sometimes the acronym is written as LGBTQ , with the “Q” referring to those who identify as queer and/or questioning. The acronym can also include additional letters in reference to other identities that do not conform to dominant societal norms around sexual orientation, gender identity and expression.
- Any Junior, Sophomore or Freshman who would like to be a part of Football Operations next year should contact Coach Ryan for more information.